Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: GRAND SEIKO HERITAGE 62GS SPRING DRIVE "FOUR SEASO

GRAND SEIKO HERITAGE 62GS SPRING DRIVE "FOUR SEASO 4 months 4 weeks ago #1470306

What makes URWERK's UR-120 “Spock” so important

A glimpse of the future? The ghost of URWERK high quality watches replica has yet to arrive…

A quarter of a century is a long time, especially for an independent watch brand. This is how long URWERK has been around, doing its own thing and making waves in the watchmaking world. To celebrate this impressive milestone, URWERK has released what may be its most incredible watch to date, and it is, without a doubt, Uwerkian in nature. The UR-120 "Spock", of course.

You may recall that I wrote about the UR-120 back in early October when it was officially announced. My admiration for it is lyrical. Let's be honest; this is somewhat predictable as URWERK has yet to put out a watch that I didn't like. The UR-100 has long been "my URWERK". But since putting the UR-120 “Spock” on my wrist this past week, I feel like that may all have changed. Why? Because I believe the UR-120 is not only a cool watch, but may represent an important milestone in the brand's history.

Owning isn't the only way to appreciate
Before we get into that, the first thing I want to discuss is a common topic about URWERK watches – price. URWERK replica luxury watches are not cheap by any means. In fact, they are prohibitively expensive for the vast majority of people. However, because of the amount of time and effort required to develop, manufacture, and finish, you can't reasonably expect them to be affordable to most people. These are high-end haute horlogerie.

UR-120 is more than just a Vulcan salute
So, let's talk about this watch in more detail. I am not going to explain the technical functions of the movement here. You can read more about this in my previous post. I said I believed the UR-120 might represent an important milestone in the brand's history. That's a pretty big claim, so let's break it down a little. Surprisingly, I'm not talking about the unmistakable start of the show, the forked satellite time showing the Vulcan salute (hence Spock's nickname). Instead, I'm talking about what I consider to be the unsung hero of this release – the UR-120's case.

I know I know; it's a little hard to focus on the case given the technological marvels that tell the time, but bear with me. The UR-120 replica watches high quality is a direct descendant of the 2011 UR-110. The UR-110 itself was somewhat groundbreaking for the brand, as it introduced a new form of satellite hour display. Using a rotating cube instead of a disk, the UR-110's satellite hour design is more 3D than its predecessors, the UR-103 and UR-105. URWERK continued the evolution of the cuboid satellite into the UR-210 and UR-220.

fluidity
Coming back to the UR-110, the top of the case is fairly smooth and flat, while the sides of the case also feature sharp lines and angles. However, the UR-120 for the first time abandons this design language. Smooth, curved and flowing edges are the name of the game, and the result is beautiful, almost pebble-like. Imagine a rock that has been tumbled and worn over thousands of years, which is more similar to what we see here. replica Watches luxury

It feels like it could be an important stepping stone in the evolution of the brand's design language. The question remains, will we see the organic shapes carried over to other models? Imagine this organic smoothness reinterpreted in UR-100. Just thinking about it makes me excited about the possibilities. URWERK has always been a brand that continues to evolve and grow, but I can't recall a watch whose case shape reflects this evolution so clearly. Just look at the brand's exploration of creativity and methods of telling time on products like the UR-111C or UR-112. Is URWERK now flexing its creativity to prove that it is more than "just" a master of original horological complications?

UR-120 hasn't forgotten its roots
When I talk about evolution, the UR-120 retains some of the features of the UR-110. The crown protection device at 12 o'clock is so simple but effective. Flip forward slightly and the crown will automatically enter the time setting position. When the watch is worn on the wrist, the crown is completely hidden and well protected. Articulating lugs aren't entirely new, either. The UR-110 features a flexible set of lugs surrounding the crown at 12 o'clock, but the UR-120 also introduces this concept to lugs at 6 o'clock. This allows the 44mm case to flex and hug the wrist. I have long believed that measurements on paper could never truly capture the authenticity of a URWERK watch. In fact, the wearing experience often goes far beyond initial expectations. Jacob & Co. ASTRONOMIA SKY

One of my favorite watch straps
URWERK offers the UR-120 on one of their excellent Baltimora fabric straps. Baltimora is a technical fabric that, in my opinion, offers slightly better comfort than Cordura. The strap tapers from 33mm at the lug flare to 21mm at the buckle and tail. I also like the aggressive taper in thickness from 5mm to 2mm, which enhances the comfortable fit. The only minor drawback is that the tang on the pin buckle sometimes digs into my wrist when I'm wearing the watch. This is a very minor issue that may not affect everyone in the same way.

art of wrist
After wearing this watch over the past week, it has reinforced my belief that watchmaking doesn't require owning to be understood and appreciated. I would be very sad to send the watch back to URWERK, but I am very excited about the potential this watch represents for the future of the brand. I can't wait to see what the future holds. Grand Seiko replica watches
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds